Odyssey employs several classification of personnel including Class A CDL drivers with HAZMAT endorsement for tanker driving, chemical plant operators and sales engineers. We currently have positions available for the following:
Chemical Plant Operators
To apply, come by our office and fill out an employment application or send your resume as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODYSSEY MANUFACTURING CO.
Plant Operator (Revised 1/1/14)
General – Reports to Plant Shift Supervisor, Assistant Plant Manager or Plant Manager depending upon duties. Duties described below are general in nature; please direct specific questions to the company management.
- Self-starter (Needs to work with little oversight)
- Analytical (To identify and troubleshoot plant operating/maintenance issues)
- Initiative (Applies skills with minimal supervision as needed to operate plant at peak efficiency)
- Interpersonal skills (Must be able to effectively communicate with other Odyssey team members)
- Team player (Individual must apply personal skills as to promote a team environment within the organization)
- Flexible (Able to multi-task and work in different areas of the manufacturing plant or at customer’s sites)
- Mechanical Aptitude (To facilitate manufacturing plant operation and maintenance and customer service)
- General Chemistry Knowledge (Applies skills in a laboratory environment)
- Computer literate (Prior Windows XP/NT experience helpful as plant employs Fisher Rosemount DCS system for Plant process control and uses Word and Excel for daily reports)
- Math Skills (Applies math skills in providing written documentation to customers and assisting in plant operations and maintenance including maintenance of plant chemistry)
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid State of Florida driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pulmonary function test
- Must be able to discern colors including red and green
Responsibilities – Responsible for maintaining and operating a chemical manufacturing plant and assisting customers in the field (as required), in a safe, clean, environmentally responsible and productive manner. Specifics include:
- Proper Turnover with Previous Shift (as applicable)
- Timeliness and Reliability with regard to work attendance for an operating shift at a 24/7 manufacturing facility
- Basic Chemistry Analysis
- Frequent Inspection and Basic Log Keeping in a Chemical Manufacturing Facility
- Perform preventative as well as corrective maintenance
- Assist Plant Supervisor in chemical manufacturing plant operation and maintenance as directed or required
- Assist with installation and maintenance on customer’s chemical systems as required
- Operation of Fisher Rosemount DCS system and portable computer
- Perform daily housekeeping duties
- Assist supervision and plant management in training of personnel
- Maintain all required documentation and records including certification, regulatory, discharge and customer
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work – Rotating 12-hour shifts as assigned and daytime maintenance. Will require working during many holidays since manufacturing facility runs every day of the year 24 hours per day.
Location - Tampa, Florida
Compensation - Hourly Pay, Significant Overtime and Profit Sharing. Company has excellent benefits.